Margo Cole is a freelance specialist writer
- Tel: 020 3033 2826
- E-mail: email@example.com
Plant hire company Hewden is learning lessons from the retail sector in its efforts to provide the right levels of service for the modern construction sector.
Delhi’s ambitious metro construction programme continues at an incredible pace, with the latest section celebrating an unusual breakthrough, as Margo Cole reports.
The geotechnical sector is in good health, with some exciting challenges ahead, as Atkins ground engineering operations director tells Margo Cole.
- Rail: Innovate to succeed
- Social responsibility: Drive to aid the world
- Team Players: GE Award winner Parsons Brinckerhoff
- Construction equipment: Risk and reward for Vp
- Geotechnical: Parsons Brinckerhoff – team players
- Water: Asset management ideas amplified
- Water: Still waters run deep at Barrow Hill Reservoir, London
The clock is ticking for the government and the insurance industry to agree on a mechanism for funding flooding insurance if thousands of homes are not to be left high and dry without any cover.
The government has made great strides in offering its views on the potential catastrophic effects of ignoring climate change, but the debate over preparedness threatens to undermine those very solutions.