Margo Cole is a freelance specialist writer
- Tel: 020 3033 2826
- E-mail: email@example.com
An extraordinary transformation is under way at Birmingham New Street station - with some imaginative engineering solutions to match, as Margo Cole reports.
An innovative temporary solution installed during refurbishment of a wastewater treatment works could indicate the shape of things to come during the next funding period. Report by Margo Cole.
JCB’s latest machines indicate where it is focusing its innovation, as Margo Cole reports.
- Flexible working: Shared benefits
- Construction equipment: A clean sweep
- Tunnelling: Delhi Metro
- Geotechnical: Growth sector
- Rail: Innovate to succeed
- Social responsibility: Drive to aid the world
- Team Players: GE Award winner Parsons Brinckerhoff
The clock is ticking for the government and the insurance industry to agree on a mechanism for funding flooding insurance if thousands of homes are not to be left high and dry without any cover.
The government has made great strides in offering its views on the potential catastrophic effects of ignoring climate change, but the debate over preparedness threatens to undermine those very solutions.