Margo Cole is a freelance specialist writer
- Tel: 020 3033 2826
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The rail sector has major challenges ahead, including skills shortages and the need to make efficiency improvements, as Turner & Townsend head of rail Patricia Moore explains to Margo Cole.
Global infrastructure consultant Arcadis has joined forces with the United Nations in a humanitarian programme that makes use of its professional skills, as Margo Cole discovers.
Parsons Brinckerhoff‘s high level technical expertise recently won it a GE Award.
- Construction equipment: Risk and reward for Vp
- Geotechnical: Parsons Brinckerhoff – team players
- Water: Asset management ideas amplified
- Water: Still waters run deep at Barrow Hill Reservoir, London
- Water: Thames Alliance planning in the pipeline
- Construction equipment: Hillhead 2014
- Rail: Staffordshire Alliance is on track
The clock is ticking for the government and the insurance industry to agree on a mechanism for funding flooding insurance if thousands of homes are not to be left high and dry without any cover.
The government has made great strides in offering its views on the potential catastrophic effects of ignoring climate change, but the debate over preparedness threatens to undermine those very solutions.