Margo Cole is a freelance specialist writer
- Tel: 020 3033 2826
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
With spending on UK roads projects increasing dramatically, the sector is looking for new recruits, as Margo Cole reports.
Construction of the UK’s first biomass plant fuelled by waste wood has started. The plant will produce 10.3MW of electricity and divert 67,000t of waste away from landfill.
The decision to step in and take over delivery of a massive emissions reduction project when the contractor went bust has not only proved successful for the client, but has changed Rhead Group’s business
- NCE/ACE Consultants Awards winners: BCS Design
- NCE/ACE Consultants Awards winners: Atkins
- Shortlist announced for NCE/ACE Consultants of the Year awards
- London Underground bridges: shield of steel
- Time for new rail blood
- Lee Tunnel: the capital’s hidden wonder
- Looking for talent
The clock is ticking for the government and the insurance industry to agree on a mechanism for funding flooding insurance if thousands of homes are not to be left high and dry without any cover.
The government has made great strides in offering its views on the potential catastrophic effects of ignoring climate change, but the debate over preparedness threatens to undermine those very solutions.