Margo Cole is a freelance specialist writer
- Tel: 020 3033 2826
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries are now open for the 2015 NCE/ACE Consultants of the Year Awards.
If anyone is looking for evidence of how far the concept of BIM has come in the last few years, it can be found in the words of HS2 Ltd technical director Andrew McNaughton, speaking at a conference organised by infrastructure software specialist Bentley Systems in November.
This may be a legacy of the fact that BIM – shorthand for building information modelling – originally emerged from shared project models, focused very much on ensuring everyone was sharing accurate design information.
- Technical Excellence: Creating a circular economy
- Technical Excellence: Meeting the efficiency challenge
- Future Engineers: Delivering tomorrow, today
- Future Engineers: Weighing up the pros and cons
- Future engineers: Your future is in their hands
- Future leaders: Leading from the front
- Construction equipment: Machine control gaining ground
The clock is ticking for the government and the insurance industry to agree on a mechanism for funding flooding insurance if thousands of homes are not to be left high and dry without any cover.
The government has made great strides in offering its views on the potential catastrophic effects of ignoring climate change, but the debate over preparedness threatens to undermine those very solutions.